Saturday, January 10, 2009

XChange

Stephen Baldwin, Kyle MacLachlan (2000) In a future where people travel by exchanging bodies, an executive's corporeal form is stolen by an assassin.

Apparently this is a Stephen Baldwin movie that rated 2 and a half stars. I'm amused and intrigued.

Oh, and in the initial scenes, it seems that we'll be dealing with an army of Stephen Baldwin clones. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Horrified, maybe. Intrigued, possibly. Alphabet Soup? Honestly, I haven't got a clue where that one came from. But I'm intrigued. I guess I've decided on intrigued.

What is a wine spritzer? This dude just ordered one, and the barkeep poured him a glass of wine. Granted the scene ended at that point, so it is quite possible that he added some extra ingredients off screen.

Aw, dammit. The main character has now swapped bodies with Stephen Baldwin. So now we're gonna have to follow him around. I was really hoping to avoid Stephen Baldwin for as long as possible.

Dear Stephen Baldwin: Put your pants back on. Thanks, The Management.

The plus side of this whole body switching thing is that even if the good guy wins, Stephen Baldwin doesn't, as the good guy will get switched out of Stephen Baldwin's body anyway. And I say that in the future tense, even though it just happened and the movie just ended.

1 comment:

Su said...

Thank goodness that's over. And I'm pretty sure a wine spritzer just involves adding soda water (carbonated water without flavor, not tonic) to wine.