Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Headless Horseman

Richard Moll, Billy Aaron Brown (2007) Townspeople plan to sacrifice a group of lost teenagers to a mysterious horseman.

Apparently the story of the Headless Horseman didn't happen in New England, but actually somewhere in the south. Or at least all the people have southern accents.

And apparently "Zimbabweeze" or something is a nationality.

And the town Sherriff has a Colt Single Action Army. That's an attractive pistol. But the guy who jacked it from him didn't know it was single action only. Moron.

"What's so great about our heads anyways? When there are thousands of homeless people who wouldn't miss theirs?" Brilliant dialogue right there.

And the guy still hasn't cocked the SAA. We'll see if he manages to shoot it without getting around to cocking it. I didn't see if it was cocked before the first shot, but the person who ended up shooting it looked to thumb the hammer between shots. So it is feasible that she cocked it beforehand.

Oh, and this whole idea of splitting a season of Battlestar Galactica into 2 box sets has got to go. Paying full price for half of the episodes is BS. FYI.

And potato soup with cheese, bacon bits, and salad is suprisingly good. Especially for second dinner. I didn't have any salad dressing, so I decided to throw it into my soup. And it ended up working out. I'm impressed and amused... and slightly less hungry than before. The salad adds a bit of crispy crunchiness to the salad that was lacking before. The potato bits were too small to provide any decent amount of substance. Man, second dinner is awesome.

Oh, and by the way, of all the strange things i'm going to name my kids, Liam isn't one of them. Probably because of the character named Liam from Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

And the storekeeper just referred to "sody pop". I think I'm gonna have to start incorporating that into my vocabulary. Along with Robit instead of Robot.

And now the Headless Horseman is riding a motorcycle. I guess they shot his horse, so he's gotta find a new mode of transportation.

And again, due to poor editing, I have little to no idea what's actually going on. So, alas, I cannot give you an accurate picture of what happened at the end of this movie. Other than its not worth watching. And a crossbow showed up out of nowhere. I really don't understand where that came from, but it just did.

And somehow even though the truck pulling the bad guy via a rope is not moving (spinning its tires and making no forward progress), the bad guy is being inexplicably pulled backwards by said rope.

And now they've defeated the Headless Horseman, and Liam has unfortunately survived. But he got the attractive chick he was pining after for the whole movie, so I guess good fro him.

And for some reason I just had the very strong urge to call him a clod. Perhaps I should also include "clod" as an addition to my vocabulary. I'll give it some thought.

3 comments:

Su said...

A.) Did he (Liam) have a fro?

B.) Was the crossbow used to shoot whales and dolphins?

Dan said...

no and no

Su said...

These are important things they missed. Darn them and their natural tendancies to disappoint me.