Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer

Lisa Brenner, Steven Brand (2003) Dark forces invade a Seattle mansion where an industrialist lives with his submissive wife.

Apparently this is sort of a prequel to Rose Red, which was written by Stephen King. Or something like that. Thought the name "Ellen Rimbauer" sounded familiar.

So, off we go.

We'll see if I end up watching the movie, or continuing on the M14 project. I've got the gearbox built right now, and it seems to cycle. I'll have to bring it to TAA to chrono it, as I'm not really sure what spring I put in there, so I haven't the foggiest clue how hot it'll be shooting.

Stuff still to do: Chop inner barrel; Swap hop-up nub for an H-nub; Rewire it to the front; Attach the cocking handle somehow. The cocking handle will probably be the final part of the project, as its merely a cosmetic piece. And I don't have a soldering iron, so I can't swap the connectors to Deans connectors and rewire it to the front. So, it looks like I've just got hop-up and inner barrel issues to fix before I've done all that I can.

Thus far it just seems to be a depiction of the back-story described in Rose Red. I'm of the opinion that if you've seen Rose Red, there's absolutely no reason to watch this one. We'll see if I change my impression as the movie progresses.

Nope. Didn't change...

1 comment:

Su said...

Haven't seen Red Rose, and still don't want to see it.