Monday, March 9, 2009

The Watchmen Experience

And now for a few points about the highlights of my Watchmen watching experience:

At some point, someone up front passed gas quite loudly, in the middle of the movie. Now this would normally be worth a chuckle, due to my childish sense of humor, but what made the moment comedy gold was the half surprised, half horrified exclamation of "Oh my goodness!" that followed the wind breaking. And then some more wind breaking, and the group in question quietly fled from the theater.

Another nice moment was the scene where Dr. Manhattan shows off he can make multiples of himself. Up until that point, the scenes had been tastefully cut, so that his translucent, glowing junk never actually showed up on screen. Then there was that scene. I guess the director decided that the first time they'd show Dr. Manhattan's jibblies on screen, they might as well go whole hog, and show 4 of them at the same time. The best part was the "Oh, come on!" exclaimed by someone in the theater.

On a related note, when they finally got around to showing Silk Specter II's cans, a round of applause circulated the theater.

I'll stand by my statement that the male naughty bits to female naughty bits ratio was far too high. Even discounting Dr. Manhattan's glowing wang. We got to see Silk Specter II in the nude for one or two scenes. In those same scenes, Dan Dreiberg was also nude. So they're even. Then, the scene immediately following the boning scene, we got a wonderful shot of Dreiberg's ass. So that's one more for the men than the women...

And do I need to mention the number of times Manhattan's nether regions showed up? I think I'd prefer not to.

On a related note, I think I was successful in not re-using any particular slang term for a dude's willy in this post. Yay me.

3 comments:

Su said...

Male bums to not count. Everyone has a bum. They aren't naughty bits.

You did wonderful keeping up the differences in the synonyms for male genetalia.

I had some semi-important point I wanted to make about Watchman, but have since forgotten... Maybe I'll remember and post again later. It's been known to happen

Dan said...

Bums are covered by underwear. Which makes them naughty.

Su said...

No it doesn't. Because then You could argue that my back was naughty as well.. it's covered by underwear. Furthermore, thongs to not cover the butt.