Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Marine

John Cena, Robert Patrick (2006) A discharged soldier returns home from Iraq and finds that his wife has been kidnapped by the gang of a murderous thug.

Well, since I declared that the previous WWE Films production that I reviewed was quite possibly the worst movie I'd seen in a ridiculously long time, I figured I'd watch the next one that became available. Being the glutton for punishment that I am...

John Cena has an incredibly large chin. Just thought you should know. And he's apparently immune to fire...

Sorta fun, but incredibly random action movie. However, to quote Teal'c: "I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."

And apparently John Cena acts better than I thought he would. Which isn't really saying that much... just that he acts better than a rock might, in the same role.

3 comments:

Su said...

a rock or The Rock?

Dan said...

I was referring to the stone variety...

By the way, "The Rock" doesn't want to be called The Rock anymore. He's just Dwayne Johnson. Not even Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Just Dwayne Johnson.

Plus his name is reeeeeeal annoying to type...

Su said...

Haha.. okay. Well... he acts in too many Disney movies... I'm just confused.