Sunday, June 21, 2009

Taken

I've decided that if anyone ever kidnaps me, I want someone to send Liam Neeson to come find me...

Things I've learned from this movie:
- Everyone in Paris carries baguettes around at all times.
- French kids don't get dinner. Dinner time is after kids' bed time.
- Liam Neeson will hit anyone, anywhere, with anything available.

And last, and certainly not least: Do. Not. Fuck. With. Liam. Neeson. (Or his kids)

Liam Neeson's character in this movie is awesome, because he's so damned... efficient. He's more of a Jason Bourne than a James Bond. Not very clean, glamorous fight scenes with random smart-ass responses thrown in, but instead a very gritty, angry, frantic fighting, that involves a lot of dick-punching and general all-around ass-kickery.

1 comment:

Su said...

I did rather enjoy this movie a lot myself, though I kept picturing Aslan (whom Liam voices) over his body a lot, which made it all the more entertaining.