Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Osterman Weekend

Rutger Hauer, John Hurt (1983) A CIA agent sets a trap for the questionable friends of a talk-show host.

Based on a Robert Ludlum book. A while back, I was on a big Ludlum kick, and read damn near everything he wrote. I don't remember much about this book, but I do remember that it wasn't one of my favorites.

And the movie certainly lives up to my expectations. (Translation: Its not very good)

On a related note, I can no longer see John Hurt without thinking of his role as Winston Smith in 1984. Which is a fantastic book, and a pretty good movie. Except for the whole part with John Hurt's ass in it.

On that note, I was tempted to make a Farah Fawcett joke, but have decided to refrain. Cause I'm nice like that.

1 comment:

Su said...

I appreciate your restraint. And I wish they had shown the same in not showing his bum.