Friday, June 12, 2009

The Curse of King Tut's Tomb

Casper Van Dien, Jonathan Hyde (2006) An archaeologist leads a team of explorers to find an emerald tablet rumored to be within Tutankhamen's burial site.

Tutankhamun, or however you spell that. Anyways, this movie said he was the "emanation of the Sun God Ra". I thought the whole "amun" part of his name was meant to signify the worship of the god "Amun". Like Akhenaten's name signified the worship of Aten. And you can see that I typed this paragraph before I copied the description from the DVR. THey seem to spell King Tut's name differenter than I'm used to. Ah well, we won't be typing his full name anymore...

Also, this movie has Malcolm McDowell in it. I was going to say he's the prototypical crotchety old man, but he's not really crotchety. He's more of just an angry old man. An awesomely angry old man. An awesomely angry old man, with fantastic hair!

Seriously, Casper? Rocking the fedora, the man-satchel, and the white-ish button-up shirt? And being an archaeologist?

Also, they're searching for King Tut's tomb. That leads me to believe that these are either the most horrifically worstest archaeologists ever, or this movie takes place sometime in the past. I'm kinda hoping its the former, as opposed to the latter...

Dang it... Casper apparently went to Ohio State University starting in 1910. That lends a lot of credence to the whole "Its in the Past" theory. Actually, I'm gonna stick with the "Worstest Archaeologists" theory... I'm gonna say that Casper's character probably ages pretty well...

And they're finally advertising Eureka again! That means its coming soon. July 10 or something...

Also, this is a 4 hour (with commercials) TV miniseries. So we'll see how far I get before I decide to transfer to watching something else...

And I'm stightly disturbed and amused by Casper's penchant for pelvic thrusting every time he whips the camels to try to make his camel-cart/chariot go faster... It is rather odd...

And now for some pausing and waiting for later...

1 comment:

Su said...

So this was only part one and you seemed mildly entertained... color me impressed.