Sunday, June 28, 2009

Exorcist: The Beginning

Stellan Skarsgard, James D'Arcy (2004) While visiting an excavation site in Cairo, Egypt, a former priest sees signs of demonic possession.

I've heard/read that this movie's pretty terrible. But its got Stellan Skarsgard in it. Who is awesome. And made all the more awesome by how his last name is actually spelled. Skarsgård. How cool is that? He's got a freaking circle in his name.

And he's got a retty sweet accent. Sort of a growly Swedish accent. All in all pretty awesome. If I ever get into the movie business, I'm gonna try and get Skarsgård and Peter Stormare in one of my movies. Which would then become the awesomest movie ever, due to the inclusion of 2 bad-ass Swedes.

You might remember Skarsgård as Gregor in Ronin. If you don't, I'd highly recommend that you watch it. I really enjoyed that movie. Didn't really know what the hell was going on the first time I watched it, but when I saw it again, I realized that it was a really awesome movie. But that's neither here nor there.

And frankly, all I'm thinking about while watching this movie is how awesome Stellan Skarsgård's accent is.

And now there's random fighting. I honestly have no clue why...

And now there's the epic battle of Ugly Chick vs. Stellan Skarsgård. Can you tell who I'm rooting for?

You remember how I said that I want to be rescued by Liam Neeson if I'm ever kidnapped? I'm gonna have add a new demand.

If I'm ever posessed by some sort of demon or something, I want Stellan Skarsgård to exorcise me. I suppose that Peter Stormare will do in a pinch. Actually, it seems that 2 priests are necessary to complete the exorcism. Or at least 2 people. So, my demand is to be exorcised by both of them.

OK, maybe not... it seems that the after-effects involve your brain leaking out... Might be worth it, though. Just to experience that level of bad-assness first hand. And the addition of Stormare to the mix might be enough to stop that from happening.

Also, it seems that something is stuck under the letter "p" in my keyboard. Making it annoying to type that letter. Just FYI.

1 comment:

Su said...

I did notice the p stick with the retty in the beginning actually