Friday, June 5, 2009

Below

Matthew Davis, Bruce Greenwood (2002) Mysterious evens occur aboard a submarine after its crew rescues three survivors from a sunken ship during World War II.

In case you didn't know, PBY Catalinas look really strange from the top. Not that they're the most normal looking of planes in general...

And the guy just pronounced the word "sub-mare-iner", not "sub-muh-reen-er" as I am accustomed to pronouncing it. Perhaps at some point we'll hear the word "ro-but". That would make me happy.

OK, that was kinda cool. As the sub submerged, there were a few cool shots of the camera interacting with the water.

And that was another cool shot. A shot of the captain's eyeball as he looked through the periscope, with the reflection of the ship he was looking at on his eye.

And the "captain" of the submarine seems to be a Lieutenant. Which seems to be a rather low rank to be commanding a submarine. Ah, I see... it seems the actual captain of the sub died shortly before the movie started, and this guy was next in line...

In other news, if you're sort of drumming on the little touchpad/mouse thing on a laptop, the computer seems to theink that you're incessangly clicking... and then you begin to wonder why the page isn't loading, and is just sort of flickering.

Are you aware that I really have to pee?

And I also need to figure out what I'm doing for dinner. Because dinner is tasty.

But I have to pee first.

But first things first, the sub seems to be sinking for whatever reason. I wonder if the survivors have to pee... Because you gotta figure with all the rain, and the being constantly surrounded by water, the urge has gotta be pretty strong.

And now for some reason, some guy just opened a box of Cracker Jacks and got a submarine as the prize/toy/thing... I wonder if the Cracker Jacks showed up earlier, and I just didn't pay attention. Well, we'll never know...

1 comment:

Su said...

I vote for not paying attention. I vote for pausing and peeing next time. Or just going during the movie since it was so entracing. And I vote for chicken for dinner.