Sunday, June 7, 2009

Arachnid

Alex Reid, Chris Potter (2001) A pilot and her crew encounter giant spiders while searching for her brother on an island.

Apparently the Multi Function Displays on a F117 can display the message "Fatal System Failure". You'd think that instead of just saying "Stuff's gone wrong!", a more useful screen might say something to the effect of what's actually gone wrong, and not just the fact that it did. Imagine if you went to the doctor's office, and following your check-up he/she/it just said "You gonna die!" and then left. Not so useful, eh? Should give it some thought.

Also, the pilot's callsign seemed to be "Joli". I wonder if this movie was made in some foreign country where they figured that maybe that's how you actually spelled "Jolly". But he's dead now, so we'll never actually know. Or at least he seems to be dead. I'm pretty sure he'll be Deus Ex Machinaed to be alive later when his sister comes looking for him, and then there'll be a happy reunion in the midst of blowing up giant spiders. Or maybe he's actually a pilot from some foreign Air Force. Because you know we sell a bunch of stealth fighters to foreign countries.

32 minutes in, the male and female leads shirts got stuck together, so they both took them off. So, we've got the female lead without a shirt... And then she just sort of stayed in front of the camera leaning over for quite some time for no apparent reason. So I took a picture. Enjoy! Also if you look closely, you might see a reflection of me in the TV screen. Wearing my fancy new helmet.



And it seems that the guy is actually dead... we just found his body.

Also, I haven't been really paying attention, as I've been chatting with a friend. So, tough crap.

Also, I'm hungry. And I have no food. I've got 34 minutes left (including commercials). We'll see if my stomach wins out over my blogging.

In other news, I also have to pee. It seems that my body is rebelling against watching this movie. And I don't blame it.

So, while I continue to ignore this movie, I might as well ask my intrepid reader(s) a question: Did you notice my new picture scheme? Instead of having all the pictures up front, I've had them in the middle of the text. Do y'all find this preferable, or do you like having the pictures up front with absolutely no context?

And apparently this movie had some sort of conclusion that I completely ignored. So... yeah...

1 comment:

Su said...

I prefer the picture in the text. I prefer the picture to include busty women in tiny white bras. And I prefer the picture to include your reflection.