Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rebecca

Laurence Olivier, Jean Fontaine (1940) A British gentleman's innocent bride grapples with intrusive reminders of his deceased wife.

Further chronicles of "Books I Once Read, and Now Am Watching The Movie". Based on a book by Daphne Du Maurier.

Seems to be a pretty accurate portrayal of the book. Probably a few minor differences, but I can't really tell, as I read the book quite some time ago.

What bothered me though was that they pronounce Manderley as "Man-der-lee". I figured that the "ey" would cause it to be pronounced "Man-der-lay". Eh, whatever. I'll keep pronouncing it my way...

5 comments:

Su said...

There are these Toyota commercials on Hawaiian radio right now that pronounce Yaris Yai-ris and I always thought it was Yargh-is so that really upsets me.

Dan said...

it is yah-riss. because I said so.

Su said...

no.

Dan said...

how the hell do you pronounce "yargh"?

Su said...

Like a pirate.
Not Yairis but Y(are)is