Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Perfect Creature

Dougray Scott, Saffron Burrows (2006) A renegade vampire threatens the peaceful coexistence between humans and the undead.

Syfy Sunday movie from 8/16.

I have no idea how to pronounce "Dougray", but I'm hoping its more "Doog-ray", as opposed to "Doug-ray".

Zeppelins! So, similar to Mutant Chronicles or whatever, it seems we're going to have a very steampunk sort of movie today.

So, you remember that Sanctuary TV show? The one with Amanda Tapping from Stargate? The one that I didn't particularly like? Yeah, that one. Remember why I didn't like it? The whole CG backgrounds being obviously CG thing? Yeah, this movie seems to be rocking the same sort of aesthetic. Although they do seem to be using some actual sets, and then using CG set extensions.

By the way, this movie is from New Zealand. Which means that everyone's got a pretty sweet accent.

So, far it seems to be a "Jack the Ripper was a vampire" sort of thing. Except that vampires aren't myth or legend, but a relatively large part of society. Well, maybe not numbers-wise, but they seem to be in charge of the Church, and have convinced the Humans that vampires are closer to God than humans.

This movie did a pretty adequate job of not sucking. I have to say that I'm actually kind of impressed.

And I really, really have to poop.

3 comments:

Su said...

Yay for poop comments.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's more Doo-gray than Doog-ray. I would phonetically call it Duh-gray likely.

And I'm shocked you didn't find is all that sucky. Must have been the overwhelming accents.

Dan said...

Doo-gray is acceptable. Duh-gray or Doug-ray is not.

Su said...

whatever.