Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MotoGP Update

Randy DePuniet recently broke his ankle while training. Thus he wasn't in top form, and was unable to repeat his 3rd place finish last race. He ended up in 10th, after qualifying 12th.

Also, I've decided to add another feature to the MotoGP reviews, in addition to the Randy Report. This one's concerned with Valentino Rossi's speech on the podium.

I don't know if I've mentioned Valentino Rossi in my blog yet, but he is quite possible the best motorcycle racer in the world. Probably of all time. So, naturally, he ends up on the podium a lot, and gives a lot of speeches.

Some of his interesting word choices include:

- Pronouncing his teammate Jorge Lorenzo's name as "Yor-gay", as opposed to the more common "Hor-hay".
- Using variants of the word "pooosh". As in "Keep poooshing".
- Using the word "fantasteeeek" to describe parts of the race.

I will keep a record of these three things, and whether Rossi mentions these 3 common themes in his speech.

For the Czech Motorcycle Grand Prix, Rossi won, so he got to make his speech/interview thing. He included "Yor-gay" and "pooosh" in his speech, but sadly didn't use the word "fantasteeeek". I was sorta sad.

1 comment:

Su said...

You're fascinating review of the speeches of the MotoGP podium members has added an new dimension and depth to what was already a scintilating and fascinating subject. You amaze me with your wit and talent. I long to be you.

PS: Love the new theme.