Monday, August 3, 2009

The Mummy

Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz (1999) A young man opens a tomb unleashing a mummy seeking revenge for a curse laid upon him 3,000 years earlier.

Apparently Imhotep's priests were condemned to be mummified alive. Which seems to make no sense at all. Because you can't really be alive after having your brain pulled out through your nose, and all your internal organs removed.

Apparently Imhotep's enemies placed some curse on him that if his tomb was uncovered, he would become ridiculously powerful. Seems like kinda a terrible curse to me...

I think I'm gonna like Brendan Fraser's character. He had a rifle, 2 revolvers, and 2 1911s. Good for him...

Note to self: If you ever design a library, make sure that if you knock over one bookcase, it'll cascade and knock over all the shelves. And employ Erick Avari as the librarian.

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBES. That's kinda fun to say.

"Have you been to Hamunaptra?"
"Yes"
"Do you swear?"
"Every damn day."

More later. Back to Dexter.

3 comments:

Su said...

Pretty amusing lines.

Dan said...

My "brother" was confused as to why I was reviewing this move, since everyone's apparently seen it. Apparently my alter-ego does not keep track of what my un-alter-ego-self does with this blog.

Su said...

I've also never seen it, if that helps.