Monday, August 17, 2009

The Big Hit

Mark Wahlberg, Lou Diamond Phillips (1998) The kidnapping of a millionaire's daughter turns bad for an insecure hit man and his partner.

Mark Wahlberg's character is named Melvin.

This movie seems suitably absurd. Lou Diamond Phillips' character and another of his co-hit men are having coffee in the middle of a hit. While Mark Wahlberg shoots a bunch of people.

Also, Captain Sisko from DS9 is a mob boss...

Also, Lou Diamond Phillips' character is completely absurd. I haven't seen too much of his other work, but he's gonna have a role in the new Stargate series. Seems to be at least a decent actor.

I do enjoy Mark Wahlberg though. He generally does a really good job of portraying whatever character he is playing.

1 comment:

Su said...

I am marginally surprised you like Marky Mark. I probably shouldn't be, but I am.