Saturday, December 5, 2009

Quite Possibly the Dumbest Idea I've Had In A While!

Just in case you were wondering, those Vibram Five-Fingers shoes are in fact not the best choice for Winter footwear. The soles are, in fact, not waterproof. So, if you step in snow or melted snow, its gonna seep into the shoe, and make your feet really cold.

And part 2 of the dumbest idea thing: I left my boots in the car. Which was buried under 3 or so inches of snow. So I had to unbury my car (while wearing the Five-Fingers) to rescue the shoes that are actually appropriate for this weather. That was awesome...

Now please excuse me while I try to regain feeling in my toes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

problem is they're cold... you can get the socks that go with them here, they're pretty good:

http://barefootrunningshoes.org/accessories/five-finger-socks/

Su said...

Well, at least you are making smart life decisions.

Su said...

I accidentally left my rubber boots in the container and I am afraid some over ambitious person is going to take them... which would make me cry. I don't need snow boots in Hawaii.

Dan said...

Why thanks, electro. I wonder if you're any better at being in movies than your Greek cousin, who was played in the titular movie by the decidedly non-Greek Jennifer Garner. Who's father in the movie was the also decidedly non-Greek Kasuf from Stargate.

Su said...

You're so ocd.