Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Schumacher Returns to F1

Seven-time Formula 1 World Champion Michael Schumacher is returning next year to race for Mercedes.

Schumacher is arguably the best driver (at least in terms of statistics, if not more) that F1 has ever seen. He retired after the 2006 season. I started watching F1 in the 2007 season. So, I'm actually sort of excited to see him race. It'll be interesting to see how he does after 3 years away from competitive driving.

You may remember that there was a possibility of Schumacher returning after Felipe Massa's crash earlier this season in Hungary. Now it seems that he'll be racing full time for Mercedes.

The Mercedes team that used to be known as Brawn GP, until it was bought by the German car manufacturer. You know that team that won both the Drivers and Constructors championships in 2009? Yeah. That team.

Lets see if they can repeat their success. I'm hoping that they don't, as I have been firmly in the Sebastian Vettel/Red Bull Racing camp for quite some time now. But, Schumacher's return adds another talented driver to the paddock. Hopefully should be for some good racing.

1 comment:

Su said...

I hope you get your good racing. Mercedes is headed in Stuttgart in part. Did you know that? I've been to Stuttgart. That's where your hiking monkey came from, not that I can remember his name right now.