Saturday, December 5, 2009

Live Free Or Die Hard

Bruce Willis, Justin Long (2007) John McClane grapples with a villain who plans to shut down the United States by attacking the country's vulnerable computer infrastructure.

I am fond of Mr. McClane because of his proclivity to talk to himself while he does whatever he does... And he's pretty delightfully calm about everything.

Holy Crap! It's Tuvok! Haven't seen him in a while. Since Star Trek: Voyager, probably... And that's just showing my Nerdosity. Because I remember watching the series premiere when it first came out. (And this time, you'll notice that I used the proper spelling of "premiere")

And this French guy with a massive chin is very flippy. John McClane agrees with me, referring to him as a "damn hamster".

This movie is just as egregious as its predecessors. Maybe even moreso.

Also, its not "the 695". Its just "695". Adding "the" to interstate names is a stupid convention from California. It doesn't happen here on the east coast. (And the scene is taking place in Baltimore, by the way) So, my comment is actually accurate, and not just me bitching about Californian stupidity.

And I'd be interested to see if an F-35 can actually pull off those wacky maneuvers. I was thinking that it was just a short take-off option, and not pulling this helicopter-like maneuverability.

So, basically, this movie is the Die Hard series merged with True Lies. With enough ridiculous action scenes to be considered the appropriate spawn of both of those movies.

1 comment:

Su said...

You're the best nerd ever.