Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fire From Below

Kevin Sorbo, Alex Meneses (2009) Chaos strikes when lithium combines with water to create an environmental disaster.

Syfy Sunday movie from 11/22.

Damned chemistry! Stupid chemical reactions...

And apparently Kevin Sorbo hasn't seen a pair that big since he was in the Navy... He claims he was referring to a pair of meteors entering the atmosphere. I'm not sold.

Apparently this company is planning to make aircraft bits out of lithium. Which seems to have the interesting quality of reacting violently to water. Being all lithium and stuff... And apparently they're using a really special isotope of lithium or something. It supposedly makes fantastic batteries, airplane bits, and apparently "seeks out water almost intelligently".

Picture the water tentacle thing from The Abyss. Only made of fire. And instead of interacting with people that you've become attached to, as you've been watching the movie for a while, its interacting with a bunch of people that just showed up on screen. And by "interacting", I mean eating. Or burning. Or roasting.

And now I'm sad. Because for a short while, there was a character named Bubba. Who was an awesome old mechanic guy. Who was very fond of sexual in-yer-endos. And was just sort of old-ishly awesome. Not quite crotchety. But, the lithium stuff blowed up him and his bathroom/shack/outhouse... Although, if you can choose the way you go, getting blowed up by intelligent lithium in the bathroom, after just taking a pee seems to be a good way to go...

And just to set the back-story: Kevin Sorbo is returning to his boyhood home for vacation. And will inevitably end up saving the town.

OK, apparently this intelligent lithium crap hates people who have to pee. Because we just witnessed a man taking a leak, and the lithium tinkerbell things just lit his pee on fire, and caused him to spontaneously combust. I'll admit. I laughed.

Is "demolitionist" actually a word? Because it sounds funny. I think the term should actually be "demolitioneer". Or not... Actually, the word "weaponeer" is actually a word. Or at least certain people seem to think it is. I had to write that a bunch for a project I worked on a while ago. And it aggravated me to no end. Because it's not actually a word.

And did I mention that this movie has Kevin Sorbo in it? And did I also mention that I think that Kevin Sorbo is hilarious? I don't know why, but I seem to enjoy the crap that he's in... Plus he has fantastic hair.

Also, its got that Secret Service Agent guy named Aaron from 24 in it...

Quote from a news report: "inexplicably, the water's surface has caught fire". Unfortunately, the next sentence was not "Experts say that God hates those people."

And Kevin Sorbo survives the evil fire thing/stuff! I'm so happy.

1 comment:

Su said...

Oh course Hercules didn't die.