Friday, November 6, 2009

V Premiere (The new one)

Really good introduction to the leading characters and the visitors.

And I was amused that the first shot of "Juliet" (because I'm not sure what her character's name is in this thing, I'll stick with her character's name from Lost). It was a shot of her eye as she opened it when she woke up. WIch struck me as very Lost-esque.

It really bothers me how they refer to the aliens as "the Vs". I much prefer "the Visitors".

Also, interesting how the graffiti V now means the completely opposite thing, compared to the original miniseries.

And Anna/Morena/Inara's main goon looks really evil. EEEEvil. He should probably not tilt his head downwards and then look up at people when he talks. Because it looks really evil. And the dark clothes and hair and stuff doesn't help the cause.

Juliet: "How can you not find this guy? He's very creepy."
Wash: "If only creepy were a biometric parameter in our facial recognition software."

Oh, did I mention that Wash is apparently in this? Because he is. Not nearly as snarky, though.

And I like what they've done with the ship. Rather than the very stereotypical saucer shape, the ships seem to be more interestingly shaped. And look fancier.

Also, Inara can look very creepy when she smiles creepily.

And I guess we won't be seeing much of Wash anymore... Didn't see that one coming....

Seems ABC's got a good thing going for them. They've got V, FlashForward, Castle... Maybe some other stuff I can't think of right now... And with this and FlashForward, it seems that they've got 2 of the best new shows out there... Assuming of course that this one keeps up in quality, as FlashForward seems to be doing.

1 comment:

Su said...

ABC has been hitting hard lately yes.

I miss Wash.