Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Prisoner

Jim Caviezel, Ian McKellen "Arrival; Harmony." A man awakes in an isolated town called The Village; Two attempts to assimilate Six; Six meets his brother and tries to escape; Two confronts his son about his growing sense of rebellion.

We want information. Information. Information.
Who are you?
The new Number Two.
Who is Number One?
You are number Six.
I am not a number! I am a free man!
Hahahahahaha!
*Drum Intro*
etc.

Perhaps that last bit might make a bit more sense if you realize that its the intro to an Iron Maiden song titled "The Prisoner" (see, it makes sense) that basically told the story of the original series from the 60s.

Aside from listening to the song, I have had no interaction with The Prisoner thus far. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the fact that my freshman roommate in college had the series on DVD. I wasn't a particular fan of my freshman roomate, and thus I think that I subconsciously have some aversion due to that fact. But enough of my subconscious business...

Also, Hawkins from Jericho. Again without his natural British accent. I'm intrigued. Especially because this show will have Ian McKellen showing up at some point soon, and I'm pretty sure he's going to have whatever accent he normally has.

Interesting montage of Number 6 runs away from The Village while Ian McKellen eats cake.

Magneto: "Have you had sex with your mother, 70"
Random Dude: "No, never."
Gandalf: "Well, don't."

Very strange conversation...

And now its 1/3 over.