Tuesday, November 10, 2009

V (The new one)

Episode 2.

Pretty slow. Not saying that's a bad thing, just an observation. A nice change of pace after the very hectic and fast-paced premier.

Probably could have waited a few more episodes for the reveal about Wash, but I guess that was a good a way to start the series off. And also, it probably worked out so they didn't have to pay Wash for more than one episode.

Premiere probably could have been well served as a 2-part episode, or a 2 hour premiere. But I guess they've got a very limited amount of episodes to make their mark before the show goes on hiatus. Apparently that's going to be relatively soon.

Another way they could have made the premiere a little less cluttered would be to cut down on rather long opening sequence. But, I really liked the opening sequence, and think it worked very well as the relatively slow sequence that it was.

Did I mention how I like the new design of the Visitor ships more than the old saucer-type design? Because I do.

And the reporter guy reminds me of Jamie Bamber/Lee Adama.

Also, I'm wondering what they did whenever they shoot the Visitor characters. Because they certainly look strange. Well, maybe not strange, but different. Sort of pale-ish. And potentially elongated vertically somehow. Or that could just be Inara's freakishly long neck. She may be ridiculously attractive, but you have to admit she's got a stupidly long neck. And almost every other shot of her looks very strange. I really can't describe what it is, but its just strange.

I'm guessing Apple's got some sort of sponsorship, or product placement, thing going on. Everyone seems to have an iPhone.

1 comment:

Su said...

Or maybe everyone just has an iphone. And you're out of the loop, as per usual.