Thursday, November 26, 2009

Redline

Redline - Fast cars and beautiful women are the order of the day in this auto racing thriller about an aspiring rock star and car fanatic who finds herself caught up in illegal drag races organized by a bunch of bored billionaires.

Its like The Fast and the Furious, in that its got a bunch of fast cars, and a lot of characters that you really dislike.

However, this one has the benefit of actually nice cars. Lambos, Ferraris, and stuff, rather than ridiculous Civics and stuff.

So far, we've seen 2 Shelby Cobras. One blue one with white racing stripes (my dream car), in a race, getting scratched up in a race against a Corvette and a Ford GT. And a silver one later, wich thankfully doesn't get damaged.

And apparently this movie is one of the reasons for the global economic meltdown.

And I'm trying to figure out whether the Ferrari Enzo is attractive or not. Seems a bit... forward... feels like it should have a spoiler on the back or something. The back just seems sort of empty. But not a spoiler like the FXX. I think that just looks terrible.

Also, I'm not a particular fan of the Porsche Carrera GT. It looks like a blend of the front of a 911, with weirdness at the back.

But it seems that pretty much anything by Lamborghini is pretty darn attractive. In this case, the Diablo and the Murcielago.

Also, for some reason, due to the excessive speed, the rear spoiler failed on the Diablo. Which then caused the front of the car to lift off and caused the car to flip. Pretty sure that losing the rear spoiler would cause the rear of the car to come unglued, not the front. There's probably a moral to this. Don't use Nitrous in a Lambo. Nitrous is for lamers who drive riced-out Civics and shit. Not for Lambos. And now you've gone and ruined a perfectly awesome Lamborghini Diablo. Which you could have given to me instead. And while you're at it, send me the Murcielago, and the Enzo. You can keep the SLR, unless you're really looking to give it to me... Not a particular fan of it. Oh, yeah. Give me the 2 Cobras as well.

Also, I can't really complain about the female lead character's wardrobe choices... She seems to have a thing for relatively low cut tops.

And I have to say, I'm not a terribly big fan of Maseratis. Just a bit too plain. I think that's why I like Lambos. They're just so over-the-top with their cars, that they look like horribly expense, hyper-fast supercars. And that's why you gotta get them in yellow, orange, or neon green.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Northeast and Northwest are about 90 degrees apart from each other. Not 30 or so, as this movie's fancy binoculars would have you believe.

In other news, the Saleen S7 looks a whole not better in silver than it does in orange. Which I guess is contrary to what I just said 2 paragraphs above.

And the editor of this movie has no sense of consistency. In one shot, one car'll be miles ahead, and in the next it'll be behind everyone else.

And I've come to a conclusion. After seeing the Enzo in motion in this completely ridiculous movie, I have to say, it is an attractive car after all...

1 comment:

Su said...

So, here's the thing. I had a comment, but I lost it. Sorry. I approve of fancy low cut tops.