Saturday, May 16, 2009

Star Trek

Finally got around to seeing the new one.

That was a fun movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

As an unabashed Sci Fi nerd, I heartily approve of JJ Abrams' interpretation. The casting was very well done. Everyone was similar enough to their original to make you realize who they were meant to be, but sufficiently interesting to not be direct clones.

Regarding yesterday's comments about 28 Weeks Later, this movie's fight scenes were not shot as well. Far too jerky.

But otherwise a really good, fun movie...

I probably had some other things to say, but I forgot... Maybe I'll get back to it later, although that's rather unlikely.

Oh yeah, just one thing: I really like the design of the interior of the Enterprise. Rather than the clean white corridors from the original series and stuff, the interior seemed more... utilitarian, mabye? More like it was space that actually was supposed to be used and had a purpose, rather than just being a clean utopian future spaceship.

2 comments:

Dan said...

I did enjoy the fact that the skydiving engineer guy was wearing red...

And my main problem with Star Trek was that it was always too clean. Too antiseptic. That's why I liked DS9. It was darker and dirtier.

Su said...

Well, this was definitely dirtier.