Monday, May 11, 2009

Penguins/Caps Game

So, thus far, the Capitals have won every game that I've watched, and lost everyone that I haven't. Let see if the trend continues.

They just had a montage of Alex Ovechkin hitting people. First he hit "Hill". And then "some guy". I thought it was kinda hilarious that they were so specific to start, and then so not-specific immediately following it.

Also, on Versus right now, there's UFC or MMA or whatever. Luckily, we've got Comcast Sports Net or whatever for hockey... Anyways, this is a featherweight fight or something, so it basically looks like a pair of scrawny guys hugging, while occasionally kneeing each other in the business.

But, back to hockey. Apparently its now 5 on 3 in favor of the Penguins. And now its 4 on 3 or something... Apparently there were 3 people in the penalty box for about 4 seconds or so... I wonder if it gets crowded in there. Or if they have different penalty boxes for each team.

In other news, I am continually impressed by how often people get off the ice, and back on again for their next stint... Seems like they're spending half of their time, at least, either headed to the bench, or coming back from it. A whole fat lot of nothing from a couple of power plays.

Also, the arena looks more exciting in Washington, than in Pittsburgh. Probably something to do with the red shirts, rather than the white shirts...

And I think its really hilarious how the instant the puck gets to Ovechkin, the crowd starts booing, and then as soon as he gets rid of the puck, it stops.

And apparently Satan is pronounced Shitan if you're Slovakian.

Oh no! Apparently Gonchar is broken! Not Gonchar.

Apparently I'm a terrible hockey watcher. I had to watch the Caps first goal 4 times before I finally saw it happen. Probably too ADD, and too busy watching all the people skate around. Also, they might want to invest in a larger puck, so I can tell where the puck is at all times... Perhaps a beachball.

And I just had something witty or clever to say, but I forgot it by the time I got around to typing it. Actually, it really wasn't witty or clever, it was just me realizing the fact that a goal will cancel a delayed penalty, and not just one that's currently being served. Makes sense, but I wasn't sure if it was true or not.

And that seemed to be a rather spectacularly bad throw by that Caps guy. After the guy he was aiming at fumbled it, it landed perfectly, giving one of the Penguins a perfect scoring shot.

And now after a flurry of scoring, the Caps are apparently up 4-3. But I wouldn't know first hand, because the DVR has decided that I can no longer watch live TV due to current recordings... So, now back to Top Gun.

And now that Top Gun's over, I've checked the DVR, and it seems that I'm recording a movie that I don't particularly want to see, so I'm back to the Caps game after cancelling that recording.

And there was too much mustard for Kuniz. Or something. But Ovechkin didn't get enough starch on that...

And now I think that the Caps should pay me to watch their games. Because the trend continues. I'm assuming that Su doesn't want me to watch Game 7...

2 comments:

Su said...

Su would have been exceptionally angry with you if you were the missing link to capitals winning and insisted upon screwing her team over.

Su said...

Oh, and they have separate penalty boxes. Otherwise the players would get in fights with one another when they're in the box... but 3 is crowded in one box... I've seen it.