Monday, May 4, 2009

Hockey

This Varmalov guy seems to be pretty impressive. The Capital's goalie, who apparently has played about 10 games in his life in the NHL... I'm impressed.

Plus, I just realized that you can't fast forward live TV. Its kind of a shame. Or perhaps a more accurate way of stating this was that I just realized that I'm not watching this off the DVR...

I'm continuously impressed by the sort of crap these guys can do on ice skates. Because I'm pretty sure that I may have mastered going straight. Or more accurately I may have mastered standing up. The last time I was on an ice rink. Which was probably well over 10 years ago. Basically, I'm pretty sure that I'd fall on my ass with reckless abandon should I try to get back onto ice skates today...

Which now brings up one question: What the hell is icing? By which I mean the penalty kind, not the tasty kind. Which reminds me, that I have cake in the fridge. Sweet! Cake! Be right back. With cake.

And Mr. Ovechkin seems to have fallen on his ass for no apparent reason. But it was a pretty spectacular fall.

I'm guessing that my reader(s) think(s) that I should be rooting against the Capitals here, since I'm assuming that the Penguins come from Pittsburgh.

I'm watching this game on a channel is apparently called "Vs." And their ad thing has a guy shooting a rifle... Uh... Vs? With guns? Waat?

Also: Cake = Awesome.

In other news, you know what would be awesome? Zamboni Jousting. I'll just let you picture that for a while. I know I will be, because its the break between the 2nd and 3rd periods, and I can't fast forward...

Also, have you noticed how just about all hockey players have awesome names? Perhaps after Delroy Lindo, Donald Daniel Dunn, Ptolemy Slocum, and whatever name I came up with a while back but completely forgot about, I'll start naming my kids after some sort of conglomeration of hockey player names... hmm...

Also, how do the people behind the benches refrain from making faces when they're on camera? Because there was a guy just calmly sitting there while some reporter woman was interviewing the Penguin's coach. I don't know if I could have refrained from making stupid faces. But then again, if you've ever seen a picture of me, you'll probably notice that I have a hard time not making stupid faces at all times...

And its probably about 5 minutes into the 3rd period, and I only now just realized that they swapped sides...

I like Mr. Gonchar's name. Or however you spell it... Its fun to say. Sadly, I have no idea which team he's on... But whatever. I'm rooting for him. Just like DePuniet. Or however you spell that guy's name.

Which reminds me. The MotoGP season's started again. Perhaps I should revive the "Randy Report" and keep the world updated on Randy DePuniet's progress... Or maybe not... We'll see...

And apparently Letang just got whanged in the groinular region. Maybe not, but he got whanged good... I suppose, if I'd left off the "h" in that word, I wouldn't have had to specify the location...

And I think we may have just discovered that the commercials on this channel are the same here and in Hawaii...

And this game went form being very close to not so much in the matter of a few minutes...

And Ovechkin just hat-trickified. And people threw hats. But one guy threw a fedora-like hat... What kind of idiot do you have to be to throw that cool of a hat? Baseball caps I can understand, but a fedora-like one?

In the grand scheme of things, Ovechkin does have a more impressive playoff beard than Crosby. So, I guess that's why Ovechkin's winning this battle.

It would appear that Gonchar plays for Pittsburgh.

But apparently Crosby has a hat-trick now as well... Hmmm... perhaps the beard does not decide all...

Caps 4; Penguins 3. FYI.

1 comment:

Su said...

I am le sad.