Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Missing In Action

Chuck Norris, M. Emmet Walsh (1984) A U.S. colonel escapes from the Viet Cong, then comes back with a floating arsenal to get others out.

Chuck Norris, Floating Arsenal... With that combination in the description, how can you go wrong?

The intro scenes to this movie remind me how ugly/awesome the M60 is. I rather like the M60E1 (the long Vietnam Era one). I think the M60E4 or MK43 is the perfect looking one, with its short barrel. But I think the E1 is hilariously long, and thus pulls off the "Its so ugly, its pretty" look. Although, my liking for the MK43 may be linked to the fact that I've got one in airsoft form. And I want an E1. But probably will never get one. Because they're expensive. And ridiculously heavy, and probably front-heavy.

And there was just some sort of haggling scene between Chuck and his friend. Every time Chuck hit someone, the price dropped... Note to self: Don't get in haggle-off with Norris.

The second haggling attempt involved Chuck just staring at the other guy, and pointing an empty machine gun at a guy...

And apparently a big part of Chuck Norris' life is having people pop out of cupboards and try to stab you. And his natural reaction is to knee them in the business, and throw them out the window. Chuck Norris must lead one of the most exciting lives ever. If his real life is nothing like his movie life, I'll be sorely disappointed.

And I'm highly impressed by Mr. Norris' friend. Here Chuck is, wearing all green, and being all stealthy-like, and his buddy's sitting in the raft about 20 feet away, and he seems to have graduated from the Team Fluffy Bunny? School of Camouflage, with his bright blue Hawaiian shirt.

I've just come to a realization. This movie is exactly like Rambo. I.e. the one that just came out a few years ago. So, it looks like Norris beat Sly Stallone by a few decades in making this movie... And he's doing it all by himself... Rambo had that team of yokels with him... Plus Norris has an awesomer beard. In that he has one...

And Stallone never jumped over things in a boat. Like a truck. Although they do share a similar signature weapon. I guess it is one of the most bad-ass looking weapons of the Vietnam era, so that's understandable.

And somehow, although they riddled it full of holes earlier, the Jeep is currently still in a drivable condition. And Chuck's driving... Personally, I'd want him manning the 60... Any old yokel can drive, but it takes a special someone to mow down hundreds of dudes with a machine gun and a single belt of ammo... Personally, I'd be worried about running out of ammo...

Speak of the devil! Mr. Norris just ran out of ammo, and ditched the 60. That never happens.

Chuck Norris is my new hero. It seems his definition of accessorizing is bolting an M60 onto something. Or more accurately, anything and everything.

And it seems that Captain Awesome Shirt just kicked the bucket.. It seems that the rescue chopper had rockets, but waited until after he died to blow up the attack boat. Jerk. I think its hockey time...

Hurry up! I'm missing "interesting hockey"...

1 comment:

Su said...

the movie was pretty amazing, I'll give you that. But the hockey was super amazing. super super.