Sunday, May 10, 2009

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

A movie that I've owned for quite some time, but have never actually ever got around to watching. It also happens to be the only Star Trek movie (aside from the one that just came out) that I haven't seen yet.

Well, actually, I haven't seen the beginning of Generations, but I've seen almost all of it.

Mr. Shatner, I must say that your climbing pants are quite fantastic. For those of you that haven't seen this movie, the scene I'm referring to is when Captain Kirk, or his stunt double likeness climbs El Capitan. And his pants are black, and have bright yellow stripes on them. They're kinda fantastic.

And apparently, Captain Klaa of the Klingons is living proof that the Klingons had a period in their history know as "the 80s". Or at least his hair is proof.

I'm now know why this is the one Star Trek movie that I hadn't seen. This and Star Trek: Nemesis are both pretty well crap.

The movie in a nutshell: A lot of build up, and then you finally meet "God", and he wants a spaceship. Then Kirk asks him why, and gets eye-lasered. And then the Enterprise and a Klingon Bird of Prey blow up "God". The end.

I'm gonna have to watch The Undiscovered Country, and watch some good Star Trek.

I probably should pick up the newer Star Trek movies, too. Also, its a shame that the Star Trek series DVDs are so damn expensive. I wouldn't mind DS9. And the other ones too. I think I liked DS9 the most, though.

So, now on to The Undiscovered Country.

1 comment:

Su said...

The new one is amazing! Super awesome. I really loved it a lot.