Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Inside Man

Denzel Washington, Clive Owen (2006) An enigmatic woman threatens to push past the breaking point a volatile game between a bank robber and a detective.

First off, interesting phrasing in the description. Wouldn't a more comment way to say it be "An enigmatic woman threatens to push a volatile... past the breaking point"?

And interesting opening music. Its in some foreign language. Based on the music and rhythm I'm going to assume that its in fact Indian. We'll see if that particular choice of music ends up paying off in the plot somehow.

Some dude's AK has the rear sight up really high. Probably a few thousand meters or something.

Apparently Clive Owen has decided to take some hostages and rob a bank. I'll keep you updated. Turns out that an Operative of the Parliament and Denzel Washington are the cops who are in charge of the police response. I think I liked the Operative better when he had his accent in Serenity. He seems to have a standard American accent in this one.

And its got Agent Smecker/Norman Osborne in it, too. And Clarice Starling.

Intriguing. It seems that they're sort of doing some sort of flashbacks interspersed with the main plot. And by flashbacks, I mean that its in the future when compared to the main plot, and seems to have the police interviewing the hostages from the main plot.

Mr. Owen seems to have a good plan. Dress the hostages the same as the kidnappers to prevent the police from being able to identify the difference. Never talk to the police. Have everything written down, so they can never identify an accent.

And I'm pretty sure my bank is never going to get robbed. There's no nearby food establishment for the cops and negotiators to hang out in. Bank robbers in movies and stuff are very considerate in that way.

Denzel Washington walks into a restaurant
Waiter: "Can I have your hat?"
Denzel: "No. Get your own."

And all turned out in the end, because both the bank robbers and the cops turned out to be good guys.

Yay?

3 comments:

Su said...

Umm... da hell?

Dan said...

Apparently I was feeling very random that day. One of those things where you have to be in the exact same state of mind as me to fully understand it.

Su said...

I am just going to stab myself in the foot repeatedly rather than attempt to read that again.