Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Highlander: The Source

Adrian Paul, Peter Wingfield (2007) Duncan MacLeod and a group of companions embark on a quest to discover the origin of their immortality.

Was Peter Wingfield the guy who played Tanith on SG1? I can't really remember, but the name sounds familiar. I'll keep you updated.

It seems that the guy from the original Highlander movie was named Connor and not Duncan. So, I guess we won't have BackFlippy McGoo to deal with in this movie. Kind of a shame, because his accent was rather hilarious, and the fact that he backflipped everywhere in that one movie was also awesome. In the first fight scene, the Duncan character has executed exactly zero backflips. I'm disappointed.

And it looks like he is in fact Tanith (not Duncan, though). Some other guy. But he's got some rather dumb glasses. But also a sword. I'll keep you up to date on his badass factor. Seems the glasses are all some sort of communication device. Either that or all these characters have similarly crappy senses of style.

The badguy does appear to appreciate the awesomeness of the backflip. So I'll be rooting for him now, until someone else proves himself worthy. And he seems to have a pretty awesome accent as well...

This is apparently the 5th movie in the series. I've only seen the first. So, we'll see if this has any effect on me watching this move.

Apparently stabbing the elevator call buttons stops the entire elevator system.

There's far too much random music and not stabbing for what I was expecting. I demand more stabbing and fighting. And there's random music as well. Sounds like it could be some relatively popular bands, but I really have no idea. And I really can't stand the editing of this film. Far too many jump cuts during the action sequences to give you a good idea what's actually going on.

But on the plus side, I've finally got around to fixing my Mac 11. But that's neither here nor there.

And the final fight scene, where both Duncan and the bad guy have turbo speed, is even more unwatchable due to terrible editing.

And apparently Duncal MacLeod is the one. Hopefully that means the end of this drivel. I enjoyed the first one. But this one seems to be less of the random ass-kickery of the first one, and focuses more on a bunch of random stuff that I don't care about.

1 comment:

Su said...

I liked the series. Never watched the movies.