Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Shelter


Figured I'd steal a title from a Rage Against the Machine Song, as it is sort of apt:

Thus ends any sort of discussion of the TV show Sanctuary. I really wanted to like it, because I like most of the actors' other work. Because its Stargate. And I'm pretty sure we all know how I feel about that...

So, sorry to say, you tried, but have failed to make a TV show that interests me.

And I just realized one of the things that bothers me the most. They have Christopher Heyerdahl playing the main villain dude, as well as one of the good guys (in heavy make-up/prosthetics). But the voice is exactly the same. He has a very distinct voice, and it weirded me out when both characters sounded exactly the same... And he has a really long face. And looks hella strange. See picture.

And the using mainly CG backgrounds is quite obvious, and kinda annoying... Kinda innovative if they'd done it better.

1 comment:

Su said...

The use of CG not as support or to do something that is otherwise physically impossible, but as a suppliment to actual sets/talent really annoys me...