Saturday, October 18, 2008

Max Payne (the movie)


OK, I'll start off by saying that I played the video games, and I'll be tainted with that view...

I rather liked the movie. Not nearly enough shooting to do justice to the game.

Things which I would have included in the movie that the director chose not to:
-Shooting acetylene canisters and having them rocket off into the distance
-Painkillers. Lots of painkillers.
-Shooting the speaker in the elevator to kill the Muzak
-More bullet time. For one of the games that started the whole bullet time thing, they only did it once...
-The stupid elevator scene where you have to shoot the trip-mines as you're ascending in the elevator...
-The stupid scenes when Max is high on Valkyr where you're walking along the blood trail thing, or you fall off...
-More Mark Wahlberg looking constipated
-More duallies
-More baseball bat
-More Captain Baseball Bat Boy (or whatever he was called)

And other things that I might have forgotten... As you can see, if I directed the movie, I'd have added a bunch of stuff that only people who played the game would understand. And it would be hilarious for them, because those parts of the game were perhaps the most tedious parts. Or they were just so prevalent that I was surprised that they didn't show up.

Overall, I though it was a very well shot movie. Very atmospheric... always some sort of precipitation... mainly snow. Especially thought the scene (which was also from the trailer) with the snow on the pistol, which gets blown off when the pistol fires. It was also sort of shot with a very dark color scheme. And then when Marky Mark takes the Valkyr, it adds the fire-ish element to the color scheme.

I thought the Valkyr element was done quite well. Very interesting visual aesthetic. (See picture)

Sadly, no discussion of music in this blog post... nothing really stood out musically throughout the movie

and Hiro just killed Ando on Heroes.... which just completely ruined my train of though... because Ando is awesome...

And that chick is a whole lot less annoying and more attractive when she's on That Seventies Show. And has a MP5K.

And that other chick seems allergic to covering her boobs. The 2 movies I've seen her in (Hitman and Max Payne) she's worn a really slutty dress which has come off in very short order.

And I honestly can't remember what I was talking about. Hopefully the bring Ando back to life... because he's awesome... or maybe they should start a new show with Ando and Stark.

Speaking of which, I have no idea when Eureka is starting up again, but I'm hoping its soon... because that show is fantastic...

7 comments:

Su said...

I'm not really sure how to handle you watching a movie that you didn't entirely hate. And way to spoil Heroes for me after you know that I haven's seen it. I don't even know who Ando is and now I know that Ando dies and how...

Su said...

That is the worst picture... ever.

Dan said...

yeah, well... i didn't even mean to take it... so, for a freebie, its not bad...

Su said...

Umm... I've got some free pedometers from my cereal if you like crappy freebies.

Dan said...

Sweet. Now I can know how far I walk every day. That would be interesting. Or maybe depressing when I figure out that in the course of a work-day I manage to take 3 steps. Total.

Su said...

That sounds about accurate. Just.. don't cry.

Su said...

Did you cry?