Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dark Corners

Thora Birch, Toby Stephens (2006) A pregnant woman has disturbing visions of a serial killer and a mysterious look-alike (2:00) NR, 2 Stars.

Sci Fi Saturday movie from 9/20... finally getting around to watching it...

Something about some dead chick in a church... and some guy with a knife... who just disappeared... and kept reappearing...

And apparently this chick (who seems to have been dreaming) would do her boyfriend/fiance/husband/whateverthefuck if he died and was reincarnated as a horse, but not a dog. FYI

I'm not actually paying enough attention to figure out whether all these female characters are actually the same person or not... but I think that they're actually all one girl dreaming...

She's got some really strange dreams... some that are reminiscent of Saw, and some with really wrinkly old people... which is probably scarier...

and she works in a mortuary... and apparently her boss' brother fell out a window and got "pureed". granted I can't do the proper accents, but you get the picture... and now a dead naked dude just woke up... thank goodness for strategic Sci-Fi blurring...

Or not... she seems to work in an office... too damn many dreams to figure out...

and she feels "ookie". whatever the fuck that means...

and now I gotta poop. I'm tempted to not even pause this... Probably won't miss much... if anything...

I just found the new Climbing magazine. It was hiding under a box. Now that's some quality can reading.

But now its time to break from this, and move into something else... The Vice Presidential Debate...

I'll save it now, and update this when I'm watching it again..

And now its well over a week later... and I'm finally back to it... I'm really not motivated to do so, but I need to get it off the DVR...

This movie just typifies what I dislike about the Sci-Fi channel lately. Its doing a lot of horror stuff... with the Ghost Hunters and shit like that... I like the Sci-Fi stuff. Not so much the horror... And the Sci-Fi Saturday movie has been horror for the past few weeks, and not actually Sci-Fi. Granted this was from September 20th, so its been a while...

And I've just realized that in what seems to be the dream, she has dark hair, but blond hair in "real life". Although I'm guessing they're both alternate realities or something, and she's probably in a hospital or jail or something....

and now a blonde version of the character is in a dungeon or being tortured or something... and just got deaded... but its not the original blonde... because she's in the hospital getting fertility treatment... and apparently "blond" is for masculine, and "blonde" is for feminine... I didn't read enough of the Wikipedia article on the subject to tell me if this is archaic use of the terminology, or if its modern...

And now for a question on pajamas/night-time wear: So, the main character seems to be sleeping in her bra and panties, as well as a see-through slip/dress/nightgown thing... What the hell's the point of the nightgown thing... it don't cover up anything, and I can't imagine it provides any warmth or anything... seems completely pointless...

And now there are some creepy little kids... intriguing...

The dreams are definitely channeling a Saw vibe. Its a very dark and gritty footage. Overwhelmingly a lot of browns and greens. And the parts where the dark-haired character is at work, it is very reminiscent of the bathroom in the first Saw movie. I should probably take this opportunity to say that I didn't particularly like the Saw series of movies... I saw the first 2, and probably about half of the 3rd...

alright, so everyone's being deaded now... not really sure if i know who's "real life" and who's dreaming... and not sure I care either...

And I need to buy Iron Man on DVD. That's a fantastic movie. But I am disturbed by how the ads for it are using AClightningboltDC's Back in Black, rather than the more obvious Sabbath song...

And now, since I'm not sure which one's real and which one's a dream (even though they're both dreams, since we've all seen the SG2 episode "Changeling"), I'll be calling the one I previously referred to as the dream "Dirty", and the one I thought was real life will be called "Clean". For obvious reasons...

Apparently Clean is now pregnant... I had some point I was going to make after this statement, but I forgot it in the time it took me to explain my new terminology...

Sadly neither Wikipedia or IMDB have a decent summary, which would enable me to figure out what's going on, and then not have to actually pay attention...

You know what I haven't seen in a while? One of those movies where there's the wise old Indian (as in Injun, not from the sub-continent of India) character... there was a good long run of those... and usually the main character was half indian, half (usually) white. and everyone was biased against (usually) her, because of her "half-breed" nature...

and now dirty seems to be committing suicide with Judas Priest's British Steel. Or that's what I always think of when I see that style of razor blade.

Peanut Butter, Corn, and Tuna sandwich... sounds kinda terrible.

Seriously, I have no fucking clue what the hell's going on... I think i'm in the final act, so hopefully all will be revealed shortly...

and i just realized that they used the same set for Clean's bedroom, as clean's friend's bedroom... same upholstery and drapes and everything...

and apparently dirty just killed clean... and dirty just turned into the shrink... and then dirty's alarm went off... and she woke up, which i'm guessing is what happened at the beginning of the movie, but I can't remember, since it was well over a week ago...

Apparently hell is having your sins pulled out and served up to you and something something something endless cycle... so, yeah, that's about it...

3 comments:

Su said...

We own slinky pajamas and sleep in them solely to torture men who like to think about half naked women sleeping. Also, they provide "cover" when you can't sleep naked but it's really over warm. I got lost in that review, so I can't rember what other intelligent comment I was thinking about making...

Su said...

Oh right, blond and blonde. It comes from french where you put an e on words to feminize them I think, since their words have genders and the adjectives and verbs all have to agree with the gender of the nouns. That would be my assumption.

Su said...

I am losing my enthusiasm for going back through all your posts and making them all odd numbered comments... damn.