Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zulu

Stanley Baker, Jack Hawkins (1964) A missionary and his daughter watch African warriors attack a small British fort in 1879.

Introducing Michael Caine? Damn, that's old...

Figure this movie's famous enough, I should give it a watch...

Sadly for my intrepid blog readers, I really have nothing to say about this movie. No snarky wise-ass comments. Frankly this is a pretty good movie. I guess back in the 60s they actually relied on plot and well-written characters to make movies, rather than just having shit blow up and relying on fancy special effects.

3 comments:

Su said...

I'm not all that surprised really. People wouldn't pay to see shit back then.

Trevor said...

suggestions for your next reviews: Lawrence of Arabia with Peter O'Toole; Patton with George C. Scott, and Spartacus with Kirk Douglas.

Movies with intermissions rock.

Dan said...

Seen it. Seen it. Need to See it.

Also, Lawrence of Arabia was the movie I was thinking of that I saw recently with an intermission.