Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Super Bowl XXVIIIVSXXFJSSS (Or Whatever)

Just some notes I jotted down during the Super Bowl, and then forgot to post:

Hyundai genesis? Is that a car that’s worthy of being the prime sponsor for the Superbowl pregame show? It’s a freaking sedan…

Other movies I want to see because of the lead actor: Chris Eccleston in GI Joe, Optimus Prime in Transformers

Anyone noticed a strange resemblance between John Elway and Gary Busey? They’ve both got that rather crazy grin, and some rather wacky hair.

Interesting to me that Kurt Warner isn’t one of the captains for the Cardinals at the coin toss...

Ken Wisenhunt’s challenge of the supposed Roethlisberger touchdown. I totally called that one as not a touchdown…

The use of cell-phones instead of lighters at concerts… ridiculous…

Roethlisberger is wily little devil. Only not so little. Did a fantastic job of keeping a bunch of plays around.

Wildcat formation. Heard about it, never seen it. Does QB play in that formation? I’m curious.

There is an impressive amount of pelvic thrusting in the celebrations by the players in this game.

Good use of angry eyebrows with the Mr. Potato head commercial.

Did I make my Medium joke earlier? The one about a spin-off named “Sort of Crappy”?

Never noticed that they swapped the locations of the teams on the score thingy, depending on what side of the direction they’re going (i.e. swapping sides of the field every quarter).

Oh, and by the way, Roethlisberger is sooooooper annoying to type.

Co-worker had a sign/poster/thing on his office door that said “70% of the Earth is covered by water. The other 30% is covered by Troy Polamalu. I guess that means there’s still a market for those Polamalu/Manatee hybrids I was planning.

So, Bud Light has Drinkability… because its water? And drinkability isn’t a typo, according to the spell checker on my computer…

Nice Car, Jay Leno. I wants it.

Do NFL players have really fancy belts? How do they keep from getting pantsed? Seems like it would be rather likely for players to get pantsed quite often. There must be some super special technology keeping the player’s pants up…

Damn nice interception return. Ended up being crucial that the guy slid into the endzone on Fitzgerald’s legs, rather than hitting the ground.

As someone lacking 3D glasses, those 3D things really made my head hurt.

Soul Patch = Dumb as hell.

Bruce Springsteen just got himself knocked in the business with a camera. And it’s his own dam fault. I laughed. And I’m not ashamed to say it.

I like Springsteen’s guitar. Sufficiently beat up. Doesn’t look brand new.

Apparently Punching Koalas = Hilarious.

Nice Touchdown drive by the Cardinals

Liked the Hulu Commercial. Involved the phrase “Cerebral Gelatinization” or whatever. How can you go wrong with that?

Seems that the Running Back, the Wide Receiver, and some defense guy all have the same hair.

Nice Richard Dean Anderson Cameo in the Pepsuber commercial. Or whatever the hell. Good thing he got blowed up. He’s got nothing on MacGuyver. But it is a shame that RDA had to get blowed up too. I like to think that his awesomeness saved him. Maybe a last minute beam out by the Odyssey or something…

Crucial catch by Holmes there. But, damn. Holding that results in a Safety. Oh, damn. That’s huge…

Also, nice use of “The Final Countdown” after Carolina’s go-ahead touchdown.

In completely unrelated news, I think that our file is magnetic. I wonder I’ve I’ve just filed enough magnetic stuff…

Also, GoDaddy.com commercials are dumb as hell

Damn good last few minutes, though… Lots of stupid penalties and stuff early, but it’s been a fantastic endgame.

Quite surprised by how well Arizona did. They’re the Cardinals after all. Good game all around.

Seriously? The Steelers’ owner thanking Obama? For no apparent reason.

Yay William and Mary? Alumni is the youngest Super Bowl coach… Good for him. Says “uh” a lot though. But he did say that he takes his hat off for his players. But he kept his hat on.

And apparently Santonio Holmes is cocky/arrogant as all get out. But I guess he can do that, being the Super Bowl MVP and all.

One small step for man, one giant leap for Goattee kind. Yay Roethlisberger. (Had to type it one last time)

I wonder if they get multiple versions of those fancy shirts. Because it looks like they put it on over their other clothes (Tomlin had his on over his fleece). Seems that would fit pretty poorly if you weren’t wearing all sorts of clothes underneath. I suppose they make enough money that they can buy themselves a new one.

5 comments:

Su said...

That superbowl made me happy in ways I cannot express. Yay first franchise to win 6 superbowls!

Also, that you even bothered to spell his name correctly baffles me... I am shocked, impressed, and also saddened.

Dan said...

He's Swiss. Gotta at least give him a little respect for that.

Su said...

Troy Palumalu... or however you spell it... very popular in Hawaii... Very very popular in Hawaii... probably because he was from here...

Dan said...

And he has fantastic hair.

Su said...

He does have fantastic hair, it's true. A lot of the football players had pretty darn fantastic hair this game. It was noted in your blog and my living room independently in fact.