Thursday, August 21, 2008

Something New

Damn. I'm on a roll (role?) tonight...

Something, that at least to the best of my memory (which is pretty crappy at best) has never happened on this blog: A discussion of music.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119


New Metallica.

I'm currently listening to it as we speak. Well, more as I type.

The drums on the intro sound a bit weird, but they get sorted as the song progresses.

I'm liking that they actually have an instrumental section. Because that's actually what originally got me hooked to Heavy Metal. You might think that it was Iron Maiden that got me hooked. First it was Metallica, and their instrumental portions. Then I heard some Maiden, and well, the rest is history.

Hetfield's vocals in the beginning don't really seem to fit with the music... but then it seems to get back to some more classic Metallica sounds.

More instrumental parts through the latter half of the song... I like.

I'll have to give it another listen, to ensure that some of the crappiness in the sound that I was hearing was due to the fact that I was listening to it on my crappy computer speakers running at full blast, and not part of the actual track itself.

But I think that Metallica have recovered from the filth that was and still is St. Anger. I'll have to give this album a bit more of a listen before I pick it up, though, as Metallica lost any chance of me buying any of their albums without hearing them first when they released St. Anger.

3 comments:

Su said...

Everytime I think about St. Anger I got a little more deaf on the inside.

no said...

Well, I kinda gave up on Metallica forever after St. Anger... and I'm morally opposed to paying for their music after they singlehandedly killed Napster, but maybe if I can find a torrent of the album and steal it, i'll give it a shot...

And I've always preferred ellipsis to commas... they make you seem more thoughtful... as opposed to just being unable to finish a sentence... which excessive comma-ing tends to do...

And I like to trail off a lot...

Su said...

Everytime I think about Robert I die a little on the outside.