Monday, August 18, 2008

Black Swarm

So, I just got done watching "Black Swarm" off the DVR. Its one of those Sci-Fi original movies and that should tell you something...

You remember that Men In Black movie? The one where the bug alien thing takes over the ugly dude, and tries to do something or another? Yeah, that one. Anyways, that's pretty much the plot of this movie. Genetically engineered wasps essentially take over a town, infecting townsfolk who become "drones". Yeah, OK...

Well, I wasn't paying that much attention. Except for the end, where some cargo helicopters carry an impressive amount of missiles and guns. And are referred to as "attack helicopters" by people who are underground, with no windows... Apparently helicopters sound different when they've got weapons. Probably angrier...

So, I'm getting a laptop. That will live on our couch. So I should be updating this blog more often, as I watch more bad sci-fi.

Oh and the main character (a chick) and the other main character (a dude) apparently had some sort of history together (i.e. boning). But then the chick ended up leaving the dude on the altar, and eventually marrying the dude's brother (identical twin, no less), while carrying the dude's unborn kid in her womb.

So, lets have a poll:

That's creepy as hell, right?

Well, not so much a poll, as a question. And sort of a question to see who actually reads this damn thing. I'm gonna go with no one. Except maybe Su... if I tell her that I wrote this...

And random thought from earlier:

I was watching Troy, and the main gates of Troy opened inwards. That seems kinda dumb. Because if the opponent uses a battering ram (which they are quite prone to doing in that sort of movie), they'll be forcing the door open. It seems to me that if the gates opened outwards, the battering ram would force the doors more closed, and be harder to open. And I gotta figure that it'd be pretty hard for an attacking army to get close to the gates, and then pull them open. And thus endeth my thoughts on Castle/Gigantor City Wall design.

1 comment:

Su said...

Creepy, but not unheard of. Far creepier... identical twins marrying identical twins and being unable to tell which is the husband/wife... it happens... far too much incest for me!

Also, drones, seriously?

And I am glad you are getting a laptop finally.

The gate designer was not as smart as you... but then again... he got to be outside witht he gate.. and you are stuck indoors with a computer... guess who I think is smarter?