Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pink Floyd: Pulse

Assuming that I can get to one of the shows on Judas Priest's upcoming Epitaph tour, the only band amongst my top 4 that I will not have seen live will be Pink Floyd.

And that's a damn shame, because it looks like it would have been an amazing live concert experience. Alas, it seems I shall have to live with just the DVDs...

There was a chance of seeing Roger Waters when he was on his The Wall Tour, or whatever it was called. But, unfortunately, the DC show was on the 10th of October. And, sadly, I already had plans for that day. Su, way to get married on a day that prevented me from seeing Roger Waters live. But I suppose you ended up saving me a good bit of money, as I think tickets for that show were absurdly expensive. I think in the neighborhood of $100 for the seats on the upper deck of the arena, furthest from the stage...

I kinda hope that David Gilmour comes touring at some point. Because, as I have expressed in multiple blog posts, I do likes me some David Gilmour. In fact between Pink Floyd's two main vocalists, I prefer Gilmour to Waters. Wouldn't mind seeing either, or both, live some time, though.

Oh, and by the way, this concert is from the tour supporting the The Division Bell album. Which is one of my favorite Pink Floyd albums. And in the course of this concert, they play the entirety of The Dark Side of the Moon. Which is another of my favorite albums.

So, all in all, a damn good concert.

At some point soon, I shall have to check out David Gilmour: Live At The Royal Albert Hall. I'm looking forward to it. But that is definitely not a tonight sort of thing...

1 comment:

Su said...

You definitely need to coordinate the royal theatre experience with some equally snobby book reading.