Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Behemoth

'11. An earthquake unleashes a gigantic creature that wreaks havoc on a small town. Starring: Ed Quinn, Pascale Hutton Cindy Busby, William B. Davis, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Garry Chalk.

Syfy Saturday movie from 1/15.

First of all: Ed Quinn. Yup. That's Nathan Stark for those of you not keeping track at home. And bonus Garry Chalk! Who you might remember from his role as Colonel Checkov on Stargate SG1.

They're doing something at oh-ten-hundred. Whatever time that might be. Luckily that happened before Ed Quinn or Garry Chalk showed up... So I don't have to mock them...

I am curious to see how long this one holds my interest before I start with the Kindle. I do like me some Stark and Checkov... Also, Checkov is apparently the Sheriff. But sadly does not wear the official tan sheriffin' uniform of the Pacific Northwest (if Sheriff Carter and that movie Sheriff Carter directed have anything to say). Darker brown jacket and pants. And a hat.

And holy crap... Thought I recognized the name William B. Davis. He's the Cigarette Smoking Man from the X-Files. And he apparently is Stark's dad. He's far less creepy when he's not busy being a Prior of the Ori.

Also, the previews for this had Stark shooting a rocket launcher. So, hopefully there'll be a good bit of shooting...

And this movie has got Sheriff Andy from Eureka in it. The original from when he was Sheriff before he became Deputy Andy and was actor-swappified to be Kavan Smith/Major Lorne. He was also on Stargate and BSG...

And with that, I'm only a few minutes in, and I've already written more in this review than any other review I've done in quite some time...

This movie reminds me that they really need to bring Stark back to Eureka. He was a really good foil for Carter. Unless of course you haven't gotten far enough into Eureka to know that he had left. For some currently undefined reason. In which case, you should probably forget you read this last paragraph. Instead, I was probably talking about bunnies. Because I tend to do that.

And then I had to drop a tremendous deuce. But now I'm back. And they're facing a Singularity Event. Repeat, a Singularity Event. Not sure if it should be capitalized, but from the way Sheriff Andy was saying it, it just kinda sounded like it should be.

Thus far, a fair amount of Stark and Checkov, but significantly no shooting. And no rocket launchers. And no blurred Syfy boobs. Since I usually keep you updated on that sort of thing. Or did, back when I wasn't so dang lazy, and stopped putting any effort into any of my reviews.

And Sheriff Andy now has been killed by a Behemoth tentacle. I presume. Unless there's an even behemothier behemoth than the one that they're dealing with right now. Alas poor android, we knew thee well...

In other news, I'm pretty happy with my use of the term "behemothier".

Also, the rocket shooting doesn't take place until the last 10 minutes. But its a pretty good rocket shooting. In that the rocket splits into 5 or so separate rockets after launch.

3 comments:

Su said...

My rating of your review:

A significant improvement on your last few reviews. Probably better than all but say 5. I am giving you some leeway because it's been a while since I read most, but the one where you renamed everyone and told the story that should have happened was still the best one. All in all, I actually enjoyed that review.

Dan said...

Yeah, Eragon was by far my best review...

Su said...

That's what it was. Yes, yes it was. I have intentions to read that eventionally.