Sunday, July 25, 2010

Goblin

Camille Sullivan, Donnelly Rhodes (2010) A vacation becomes a nightmare when a malevolent sprite steals a family's baby.

Syfy Saturday movie from 7/17.

I was a little bit excited when I read Donnelly Rhodes' name in the description. You might remember (but probably don't) him from his role as Doc Cottle in Battlestar Galactica. Where he was the awesomely crotchety old doctor man.

However, he's not really in the same class of crotchetyness in this movie. More of just slightly kooky old man. Which is a terrible shame. And severely reduces my desire to watch this movie.

Also, its just a pretty standard monster movie. Ancient curse, family on vacation, scantily clad (not really scantily, but not all that covered up either) female characters... You know, the standard stuff...

3 comments:

Su said...

I was excited about the baby dying. Did the baby die?

Dan said...

Nope. I think Doc Cottle did though. I was sad.

Su said...

I'm sorry. I wish Doc Cottle hadn't, and the baby had.