Monday, February 1, 2010

F1 Cars: Mercedes GP Petronas W01

The new Mercedes car, and the reigning World Constructors Champion, as Mercedes bought the BrawnGP team that won both the Constructors and Drivers championships in 2009. This one will be driven by 7-time World Champion Michael Schumacher (returning after a 3-year hiatus after his retirement) and the perennially useless ex-Williams driver Nico Rosberg (although he was significantly less useless than the now ex-F1 driver, Kazuki Nakajima).


Photo credit to GPUpdate.net

I'm kind of sad that the last few teams haven't been putting on car launch events, but just taking them out on track for the first day of F1 testing.

Anyways, the STR5 has been deposed as the prettiest F1 car of 2010. I really like the W01. The color scheme is really spiffy. From a distance it looks white, like the spectacularly ugly BrawnGP BGP001 that preceded this car. However, its actually got a bunch of gray/silver highlights and stripey bits that make it look really cool. Also, I like the nose. It has a similar highly mounted nose, similar to the RB5 (as I keep saying, the prettiest car of 2009), just like the STR5 of this year. However, unlike the STR5, the nose on the W01 is thicker, so it doesn't look so skinny and weird. Not that I have any cause to be calling anything skinny and weird.

And I also like the turquoise accents as well.

3 comments:

Su said...

I think that ones pretty.

Dan said...

I'm glad we agree on the aesthetic value of all of the F1 cars thus far...

Su said...

Yes, we do.