Friday, February 26, 2010

Boogeyman

Barry Watson, Emily Deschanel (2005) A man confronts the visions that have haunted him since a terrifying incident in his childhood home

I believe I saw the sequel to this one a while back. And it sucked. Tobin Bell was the bad guy. But, no one cares, because that movie sucked.

Anyways, this one's the prequel to that one. Can it really be called a prequel? If its the first movie that's made? Does prequel imply that it is a follow-on movie that happens to take place at an earlier time, and generally explains some of the backstory? Or can it be used in this particular way?

Again, who knows, and who cares.

Also, a coworker recently informed me that Emily Deschanel (of that Bones TV show, and apparently this movie) and Zooey Deschanel (of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) are sisters. It never even occurred to me that they shared last names, and could possibly be in some way related. But now that I in fact know that they're sisters, I can definitely see the resemblance...

And once again, my movie reviews are interrupted by the Olympics. U.S./Finland hockey. Even though the U.S. is up 6-0, I'm still gonna watch.

1 comment:

Su said...

Zooey was also in Tin Man. I prefer Emily though.