Sunday, October 18, 2009

2009 Brazilian Grand Prix Qualifying

Oh, dangit. Vettel really needs a win or a 2nd place in the race today (watching qualifying which happened yesterday) to keep his championship hopes alive. However, he qualified 16th, and will start 15th due to the grid penalty caused by Vinantonio Liuzzi's gearbox change. Heavy rain during qualifying didn't help the cause, and neither did other people incessantly spinning.

Championship leader Jenson Button will start 14th. He needs to get 3rd or better to clinch the championship in this race.

The other driver still alive in the championship, Rubens Barrichello, got pole in his home Grand Prix. Which is good for him, as his 2 title rivals are so far back. Although, if Vettel doesn't win the championship, I'm hoping for Barrichello to win it. I'm not a fan of Jenson Button.

But, I'm still holding out hope for Vettel.

And Jenson Button's father was wearing a white shirt. First time I've seen him wearing anything other than a pink shirt.

3 comments:

Trevor said...

I'd love to comment on your grand prix blog, but i know nothing about it.

So i'll say "poop"

Su said...

I see Trevor's poop and raise him a 'boobs'.

Su said...

Also... my senses are telling me this did not go well.