Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tornado: Nature Unleashed

Daniel Bernhardt, Ruth Platt (2004) A massive tornado threatens the lives of a journalist, a producer and a town of Gypsies.

Again, it really annoys me how they leave out the comma before the final part of a list. But you should already know that, unless you actually haven't been reading my blog all too much...

And there was just a scene where a guitar flew by, being propelled by a tornado. I guess Twister had the monopoly on cows and stuff, and the Wizard of Oz had darn near everything else, so they had to get something quirky.

Also, this movie wasn't a Syfy Saturday or Sunday movie, so I really don't feel compelled in any way to ensure that I finish watching and/or reviewing this movie. Especially if it sucks...

And some guy was strapped to a Combine while he was filming a tornado. And for some reason, he decided the best way to convince his son to go back in the house was to unbuckle himself from the combine. And get blown away by the tornado. Way to go, moron.

In fact, I'm relatively certain that I won't be finished this one. The only reason I recorded it is because I've seen all sorts of other "Nature Unleashed" movies, ranging from Fire to Volcano, to probably a few other ones. Might as well complete the set. Or not, because they're all terrible.

And for some reason, a movie about tornadoes seems to involve a good amount of good vs. evil stuff... Rather nonsensically, though...

I think this one should be called "Shit: Nature Unleashed". Its that bad. Remember how I complained about the really annoyingly stereotypical Italian accents that everyone had in that Volcano one? This one's the same thing, only with Romania, rather than Italy. Only since no one really knows what a Romanian accent is, they've just gone with a generic Russian-type accent. With heavily emphasized rolling of the "H" sound. Even in words where there is no "H" sound. Like "are". And it kinda sounds like the actors are unaccustomed to rolling their consonant sounds. Because it sounds completely forced, and completely unnatural. Even though those last two things mean exactly the same thing.

Which reminds me of the really stupid joke: What do you call the guy running down the hall of the UN? "Russian". And the follow-up: What do you call the guy in the bathroom of the UN? "European".

Pure comedy gold.

And quite possibly the most important thing I learned while watching this movie was that I need more chocolate sauce. And more ice cream while I'm at it. Got about one serving left...

Bottom line: Don't watch this movie. Ever. No matter how much you're tempted. Although, I have no idea why you would be tempted...

1 comment:

Su said...

I never was.

Add to blender:
4 scoops ice cream (from an ice cream scooper, so that's about 5-6 spoonfuls if you use a big spoon and scoop large and preferably chocolate marbled vanilla ice cream) and
1 shot bailey's mint chocolate

Mix on a lower setting until smooth... I recommend puree on my blender, and if you let the ice cream soften first it goes better.

Excellent milk shake flavor. Conversely you can just use milk and add some chocolate sauce.