Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lightning Strikes

Kevin Sorbo (2009) A man must save his town from a monster that hides in lightning.

Syfy Saturday movie from 9/12.

Oh Kevin Sorbo, you're so dreamy. With your flowing locks.

All sarcasm aside, I actually sort of like Kevin Sorbo movies. His movies are always so absurd and usually kinda fun. And he seems to have a very dry sense of humor, which I enjoy.

And the town that Sorbo is the Sheriff of seems to be holding a "Pumpkin Festival". So, that's one of those BadSciFi staples that we haven't seen in a while. Good to see it return.

And it seems that Kevin Sorbo's (probably ex) wife is now dead, and he's living with her/their son. Another one of those staples I was just talking about.

Also, lighting monsters (apparently that's what they are) can cut cars in half. In rather comical fashion.

Also, if you leave the apostrophe out of "Sorbo's", it looks kinda funny. Just FYI.

Sadly, Sheriff Sorbo is nowhere near as awesome as Sheriff Carter. Sadly Eureka just aired the season finale last night. Good that they've been picked up for a fourth season. We'll just have to see when that airs though. Good episode last night, though. Good way to cap the season. Also, Jamie Ray Newman is pretty hot. I think I've mentioned that before, but its still true. And by "think" I mean that I'm pretty sure about it. Probably the last time I talked about Eureka.

And there seems to be the weird old stranger. Probably somehow connected to the lightning monster. We'll see how crotchety he is. I'm hoping that the answer is "very". But he has a Fedora, so he's OK in my book. And apparently I should always capitalize Fedora. Don't really know why, but it just seems right.

Oh, and sorry that I haven't been blogging lately. By which I mean that I'm not sorry in the slightest. So get the hell over it. Oh wow. That was kinda random. That cursing kinda came out of nowhere. I apologize for that... Or maybe not.

And there's also a couple of researcher-types who seem to be investigating the lightning monster, too. Not sure if they know its in fact a lighting monster, but we'll see. OK, it seems that they suspect it, but they're not sure...

It seems that Sheriff Sorbo is sheriff of a town called Roscoe. I think if I ever become a sheriff, I'd like it to be of a town called Roscoe. Seems like a good sheriffin' town. Although it seems a bit small in this interpretation. They just showed an "establishing shot" of folks wandering about the town. The town was CG, and had a few pedestrians digitally added in. Unfortunately, they didn't really get the scale correct, so the town looked comically small.

Poor motorcycle guy. Just got Lightning Monstered.

Also, the movie Zombieland seems to be pretty fun. And I need to learn the MC Hammer dance to "Can Touch This". And I need to use the power of the DVR to actually fast forward through these commercials so that I don't have these strange ideas...

Apparently the lightning monster killed Fedora's son. And now he's gonna try to kill it.

Kevin Sorbo just jacked some guy's jacket to use as a fire blanket to put out some guy who was on fire. Rather than use his own jacket. I was quite amused.

Also, if you ever feel like using your cell-phone to take a picture of lightning caused by a lightning monster, you probably should resist that urge. Lest you get lightninged in the face. Before you can take the picture. Although, it seems that face-lightninging is this creatures MO.

Also, Amperes is pronounced "Am-pears" in Roscoe, not the more common "Amp-ears". FYI.

And I think that the Mayor just died twice in this movie. Pretty sure he was the one who got crushed by a falling pillar thing, and then later got electrocuted.

Also, Old Guy (also known as Fedora) fighting a CG alien, surrounded by CG lightning = hilarious.

1 comment:

Su said...

I don't care hot "hot" Jamie Ray Newman is my boobs are better. That hasn't been talked about enough lately in this blog so I'm going to start bringing it up again periodically in my comments.