Sunday, November 23, 2008

X-Files: I Want to Believe

Maybe a better sub-title would be "I want to care".

Maybe it was the fact that I was watching the movie on the flight back from Hawaii to DC, where it is colder and significantly less vacationey, the fact that the people in front of me reclined their seats before take-off, the fact that Billy Connolly was a psychic priest/pedophile instead of one man with 6 guns, or that I remember liking the X-files show more than I actually did, or the fact that I couldn't actually see what was going on on the screen due to the stupid angle of me being tall and cramped into a stupid airline seat and the fact that the seat in front of me was reclined, so the only way to actually see well was to look at my neighbor's screen, who thankfully was watching the movie, too. Anyways, I really couldn't bring myself to care all that much.

The high point of the movie was Callum Keith Rennie as one of the bad guys. Ever since his stint on Battlestar Galactica as Leoben Conoy, I've liked his work. He's got a strangely intense sort of demeanor.

1 comment:

Su said...

I'll strangely intense your demeanor. In the face!