Saturday, April 13, 2013

Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's Go Racing!

I can only imagine what the situation was the first time Darrell Waltrip busted out this gem...

I'd like to hope that everyone else in the announcer booth slowly turned to face him with thoroughly confused looks on their faces.

Random Announcer Dude: "Dude.  What. The. Fuck?"
DW: "It's catchy.  It's a great catch phrase.  It'll catch on.  I swear."
RAD: *shakes head and goes back to calling the race*

Also, if you're blogging, listening to music, and "watching" the race in the background, and they say "23 degrees of banking" in a southern accent, it certainly sounds like "23 degrees of bacon".

1 comment:

Su said...

I would so eat 23 degrees of bacon! I also have only had my coffee and not my bagel for breakfast, so that could be why my enthusiasm for bacon is so high. Or, it could just be my love of bacon. Because, let's be honest, bacon is amazing. And the only thing the paleo diet really has going for it in my eyes is that you are allowed to eat as much bacon as you want, at least that's what I've been told. I'm not actually a paleo expert, I'm just judgmental of all diets that aren't portion control and exercise. At least paleo wants you to exercise like a fiend, so that's something.

But I digress, my point wasn't exclusive to bacon, I was going to talk about good old DW and his catch phrase that I am fairly certain he was born with. No, really. Hear me out. I think DW's first word was likely go. And then he got to the let's aspect and combined them to let's go. And then he just made the jump, because what toddler doesn't want to say Boogity boogity boogity. It probably came out a little bit sloppier than boogity boogity boogity at first, but I know he had the spirit. I think it was his first complete sentence, as he rode around on top of his tonka trucks, or whatever large scale rolling functional toy was around when he was two. I assume it was Tonka trucks, because they were a constant in my life, but I could be wrong.

Bacon.