Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resident Evil: Extinction

Milla Jovovich, Oded Fehr (2007) Genetically altered by Umbrella Corp., Alice and here cohorts try to eradicate an undead virus before it infects everyone on Earth. Based on the videogame.

Pretty sure that the description is not that accurate. Pretty sure damn near everyone is already infected by the time this movie rolls around.

Also, Alice rides a Beemer. Just thought you should know.

Also: Sam Tyler from Life on Mars plays the role of Albert Wesker. Hadn't seen Life on Mars the first time I saw this movie, so I didn't recognize him before.

I rather enjoy this series. Lots of good, mindless, zombie-killing fun.

And Alice apparently has the zoomingest reflex site ever. In that its a simple piece of glass. With a red dot projected onto it... Takes some talent to get that to zoom...

And the thing that bothers me the most about this movie: LJ's death. He gets infected, but doesn't tell anyone about it, and ends up endangering the rest of the survivors. LJ, played by Mike Epps, was quite possibly the best character in the 2nd Resident Evil movie. You remember the character with the twin gold Desert Eagles? Yeah him. He's quite possibly my favorite character in the whole series, and the producers decided that he would die poorly. Tis a shame. Carlos Olivera, on the other hand, who is my second favorite character, had a good death. I would have been very cheesed off had they give both of my favorite character bad deaths...

And David from Kings is the computer techie guy. Again, I didn't recognize him the last time I saw this...

Also, is Milla Jovovich somehow contractually obligated to wear the most improbable of outfits in her movies? Because she really does seem to do it a rather disturbing amount.

And apparently they're going to be making a 4th one. Yay!?

1 comment:

Su said...

I think Milia Jovovich appreciates that not only do we like to oogle her goodies, but the fetish clothing market always gets a boost when she appears like that.