Monday, January 18, 2010

Bonus Word of The Day!

Tabthas.

Apparently that's what the exercise regimen my friend just helped me out with is called.

Looks like I have a name for the thing that's going to be kicking my ass for the foreseeable future.

Today was a sort of test day to figure out where I was, and set the baselines for future exercises. It really kicked my ass, but I did find some interesting stuff.

For instance, all the things that could be conceivably related to climbing, I was pretty decent at. One of the ones that wasn't really related to climbing (pushing the weight vertically above your head) I sucked horrifically at. Not too surprising since I hadn't picked up a weight (aside from a little bit of fiddling on the machines in the past few days, when I had no idea what I was doing) since the first semester of Freshman Year in college.

Hopefully this exercise scheme will allow me to get rid of my long spindly arms, and trade them in for a more bulked up model. Although, I recently dropped something (it was important, but I can't remember what it was) behind my desk at work, and I was able to jam my scrawny arm down the crack between my desk and the wall and retrieve it. Hopefully that will be a thing of the past. (I didn't move my desk, because I'm lazy, and my desk is a behemoth, with lots of offshoots and stuff [well only one, but its a pretty sizable one] and its hard to move by yourself. And damned if I'm going to ask for someone's help for something I dropped behind my desk like a dumbass)

Well, this ranting has given me enough time to drink an appropriate amount of water, and now I'm gonna go shower and go to bed.

Good night all.

1 comment:

Su said...

Weird. That's really all I have to say.